- MEMBER LOG-IN
ACE New Zealand event terms and conditions
By registering to attend any of ACE New Zealand’s events, you agree to our terms and conditions.
If you've registered on behalf of someone else, you accept responsibility to have made the attendee aware of our terms and conditions and are acting on their instruction and their behalf to accept these terms and conditions.
The event location, timing, format, purpose, fees and all other aspects of the event are determined at the sole discretion of ACE New Zealand. We may change any aspect of the event where considered reasonably necessary to do so.
ACE New Zealand may require or alter criteria for participating at a specific event, at which time criteria would be noted in the event listing or already registered participants will be made aware of criteria changes.
ACE New Zealand is an inclusive, friendly and progressive organisation that provides safe spaces for our members to explore and discuss issues related to delivering the critical technology, construction, infrastructure and environmental solutions our country needs. All attendees, hosts, speakers and partners at ACE New Zealand events are required to agree to the following behaviour guidelines.
ACE New Zealand welcomes all people to events and we expect all participants to treat each other with respect and kindness, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, religion, physical ability, political beliefs or appearance. We expect participants to act with integrity and in a collaborative manner that builds trust, and to respect the environment the event is in.
If we witness behaviour that is inappropriate or at odds with the values of ACE New Zealand, we reserve the right to ask those involved to leave and to restrict their attendance at future events.
Fees and payment
Participation fee for paid events
ACE New Zealand will issue an invoice or re-direct registrants to a secure credit card payment portal to complete payment for completed and confirmed registrations. ACE New Zealand expects full payment to be made before or on the event date. ACE New Zealand reserves the right to refuse admission to the event if payment has not been made in full by the event date or the due date on the invoice so long as the due date on the invoice is not after the event start date.
Participants agree to pay all applicable taxes in connection with the event as indicated by the invoice, or at the time of payment processing for credit card payments, or as otherwise notified by ACE New Zealand.
Participants are responsible for all costs associated with attending the event including travel and/or accommodation and ACE New Zealand is not responsible for any costs or disbursements incurred as a result of attending the event.
All event fees are publicised in New Zealand dollars and exclude GST.
Non-conference event cancellations
ACE New Zealand may cancel your individual registration if:
- Participation criteria is not met (if applicable)
- Payment is not made in full by the event date or due date on the invoice
ACE New Zealand may cancel or postpone the entire event at our discretion. Notice of cancellation will be made in writing to anyone already registered. Additional notice of cancellation or postponement will be published on the ACE New Zealand website.
Non-conference event refunds
In the written cancellation notice to registrants, ACE New Zealand will offer refund options where applicable and in line with the refund policy of the applicable event.
If a registrant wishes to cancel their own registration, ACE New Zealand’s general (non-conference) event refund policy is:
- All requests for a refund must be made in writing to ACE New Zealand at [email protected]
- Within ten business days of the event date – no refunds granted
- Between 15 and ten business days of the event date – 50% refund granted
- More than 15 business days of the event date – full refund granted
- Specific refund deadlines and policies apply to ACE New Zealand conferences, ACE Awards, and ACE Awards gala dinner functions which may differ from above and can be found below
Conference and awards 2022 cancellations and refunds
We understand that circumstances can change. Cancellation of registrations for our 2022 Conference and ACE Awards that are received before and up to 17 August 2022 will receive a refund of registration fees less an administration charge of $150 plus GST. Cancellations after this date will not be refunded.
At any point before the event you are welcome to contact us to nominate a substitute delegate at no extra charge. Once a delegate has registered on-site, no further substitutions can be made. No sharing of registrations is allowed.
All cancellations and substitutions must be in writing.
COVID-19 or other pandemic
We will be operating under the COVID-19 Protection Framework for all events. Regardless of the traffic light setting, all attendees will need to check in at the registration desk to collect their name badge.
- Traffic light green: In person – face masks are encouraged
- Traffic light orange: In person – face masks are encouraged
- Traffic light red: In person – ACE New Zealand will make a decision regarding safe event options under a red traffic light setting based on public health rules and guidance at the time. Any requirements will be notified to attendees as soon as possible. If the conference is postponed, registered guests will be notified in writing including alternative dates (if known) and asked if they wish to transfer their registration to the new dates. If the event is cancelled due to a red traffic light setting, an administration fee of $150 exclusive of GST will be withheld and the balance refunded.
If you are self-isolating due to COVID and unable to attend an event or the conference, substitutions are permitted up to and including check-in on the day of the event. Attendee substitutions should be made in writing as soon as possible.
Privacy and confidentiality
ACE New Zealand may collect personal information from you for the purpose of:
- The facilitation, planning and management of the event
- Advising you of event changes or updates
- Providing you with information about the event, related services provided by ACE New Zealand or third parties
The registrant agrees that ACE New Zealand may retain and use such personal information for the above purposes and that ACE New Zealand may contact the registrant in the future for purposes related to the event or related event opportunities.
Read all other ACE New Zealand terms and conditions
Filming and photography at events
By participating in any ACE New Zealand event, you acknowledge and agree to grant ACE New Zealand the right to record, film, livestream, photograph or capture you in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any future approval from you.
- Business days refers to Monday to Friday.
- Registrant / attendee is anyone who has a registration confirmation from ACE New Zealand and is the person intended to attend the event.