The Role of the Expert, Auckland – 26 February 2018
Experts often play vital roles in a wide range of disputes, as investigators, witnesses and determiners.
This one-day seminar considers the various expert roles, best practice in the use of experts and how to make the most of experts.
The day will cover a range of topics including:
- Expert roles – defining differences
- The investigator expert
- The expert witness
- The determinative expert
- Expert investigation and forensic analysis
- Investigator bias and cognitive illusions
- The place of fact and opinion in investigation
- Air accident investigation protocol – a template for evidence collation and reporting
- Expert witnessing
- Eliminating indigestible evidence, saving time and making settlement easier
- What counsel wants from a witness
- Forensic accounting evidence – considerations and practical experiences
- How to be an expert determiner
- Expert determinations – it’s not as simple as it seems
- Tribunal appointed experts and other procedural considerations
- What’s a determiner to do: When expert evidence collides
Who should attend:
- Lawyers and advocates who use experts
- Engineers and those working in the construction industry
- Expert witnesses
- Expert investigators
- Expert determiners
AMINZ is offering a 10% discount if you register before 16 February – just use the discount code ACENZ when you buy online and get to the shopping trolley.
To register, please click HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact our Education Co-ordinator, Rebecca – email@example.com