- MEMBER LOG-IN
Battling the legalese
Webinar - May 19, 2021 at 10:00am - 11am
Our ideas around the law and legal language can really muddy the waters when it comes to clear, concise communications. Did you know that there's a big push globally to be plainer in our legal communications? This is true in legislation, contract law, and all areas of government.
In this free, ACE member webinar we'll cover:
- the challenges we face in writing when our work has legal risk or weight
- the resulting mistakes we're making
- what the research tells us about how plain language stands up in court and in contracts
- what plain legal language looks like
- a process to use to breakdown and rewrite legal language
About the presenter
Shelly Davies calls herself a rockstar business writer, trainer, and keynote speaker. She likes to help businesses turn corporate jargon into plain language. She owns her own business Shelly Davis where she delivers business and technical writing training for 800 - 1,000 people a year to help them make their writing faster, better, more effective.