Why lawyers think the way they do with Kiri Parr
Webinar - October 19, 2021 at 12:00pm - 1pm
Gain a better understanding of why lawyers think and act the way they do to help better engage with other stakeholders and ultimately strengthen us as consultants.
In this webinar, we’ll cover different perspectives of the “why” behind typical behaviour such as:
- Understanding liability from a lawyers perspective – liability pathways and the pros and cons
- Understanding common tools that lawyers use
- Discussing the role that contracts serve to different stakeholders and where our wires are getting crossed between users
- Understanding legal language
- The negotiation process and dispute resolution
About the presenter
Kiri Parr is the immediate past president of Consult Australia, the founder and owner of her Kiri Parr Pty Ltd in Brisbane and is a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne law school. She spent more than 20 years as a construction lawyer, initially in private practice, followed by 15 years as the Regional General Counsel for Arup. She compares the New Zealand and Australian construction sectors in the post-COVID-19 era.
To secure your place, register for this webinar