Women in STEM with Alexia Hilbertidou
Beca Auditorium, 21 Pitt Street, Auckland - March 30, 2021 at 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Beca Auditorium, 21 Pitt Street, Auckland
Join us for a face-to-face event in Auckland with GirlBoss CEO Alexia Hilbertidou as we discuss women in STEM.
After we hear from Alexia, she'll join our panellists:
- Helen Davidson - CEO, ACE New Zealand
- Darryl-Lee Wendelborn - Managing Director, Beca
- Ceinwen McNeil - Chief Executive, BVT Engineering Professional Services and
- Rupert Hodson - Northern Regional Manager, Beca
What we'll cover
- How we can encourage more women into STEM and consulting
- Why broader representation is critical for our sector, and to delivering better outcomes for communities
- What firms can do and are doing to make that happen (both at recruitment phase, and throughout careers)
- How are we closing the gender pay equity gap?
- How do we close the gap between policy, what happens in the office, and what happens out on site?
Drinks and nibbles will be provided at 5.30pm.
Alexia’s own mission is to get young women to the table - the boardroom table that is, and she believes the decisions made while young are crucial in paving the way.
Alexia’s passion for STEM led her to create GirlBoss when she was just 16 years old. Less than two years later GirlBoss has become a 12,000 strong network for ambitious, young New Zealand women.
Despite being only 20, Alexia has packed a significant amount of leadership and entrepreneurial experience into her life. With over 33 Honours and Awards to her name, she was named the most influential New Zealand woman under 25