COVID-19: Dealing with 3910 issues as engineer to the contract
webinar - April 28, 2020 at 2pm - 3pm
This webinar will provide some general guidance to those administering contracts as Engineer to the Contract under standard NZS 3910:2013 on projects affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Engineer's role as decision-maker under NZS 3910 – duties in reaching a decision to avoid Engineer in default claims
- Variation and Extension of Time clauses in issue because of Government restrictions in response to COVID-19, whether Level 4 Lockdown or lower
- The position taken by Government sector Principals on the Variation clauses versus the view taken by many private sector Principals
- The Engineer's role in facilitating negotiated agreements between Principal and Contractor - why it's appropriate, but why care is needed in undertaking the role
- H&S on return to work and related Variation and Extension of Time issues
Our presenter: Rob Hay is a Litigation Partner with law firm Morgan Coakle. Rob specialises in commercial and contractual disputes and insurance law.
Rob is a Member of the New Zealand Insurance Law Association, member of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, and a member of the Society of Construction Law.