Dates in Christchurch, Wellington, and Auckland for this 1 day short course. Based on the NZ Transport agency's Economic Evaluation Manual, the course focuses on basic principles, and provides practical exercises on some of the more commonly used procedures.
If you are in a role where you or your team needs to decide the best solution for a transportation project or need to provide economic justification for a roading subsidy, then this course will help you understand the basic requirements.
- The NZ Transport Agency’s Project Evaluation Manual
- NZ Transport Agency’s Simplified Procedures spreadsheets
- The concepts of discounting and Net Present Value
- The concepts of benefits and costs, and the Benefit/Cost Ratio (BCR)
- The meaning of ‘Do Minimum’
- The definition of mutually exclusive options
- When to use Simplified Procedures, and when to use Full Procedures
- Workshop examples using the Simplified Procedures spreadsheets
- An overview of Full Procedures
- Using an incremental analysis to determine a preferred option
- Calculating the First Year Rate of Return
- Understanding the link between BCR and the project funding process
ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO
- Understand the concepts of discounting and Net Present Value
- Be aware of the procedures detailed in the NZ Transport Agency’s Economic Evaluation Manual, and the tools available on their website.
- Understand the use of Simplified Procedures, and have participated in some workshop exercises
- Know when a project requires evaluation by Full Procedures, and have an overview of this process
- Know how to identify a preferred option through an incremental analysis
- Know how to calculate the First Year Rate of Return
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Transportation Engineers from Local Authorities, Consulting Engineers and the NZ Transportation Agency.
COST OF COURSE
$495 +GST per person
(Minimum numbers apply before a course is confirmed)
For further information regarding this course please contact the Course Co-ordinator, Lisa Banks, on 06 759 7065 ext 705, or [email protected]