Leading with strength and NZ Red Cross psychological first aid workshop
Auckland - Monday 22 November – Tuesday 23 November
Are you a leader committed to building your understanding of wellbeing and resilience at work?
Join author and leadership coach, Kathryn Jackson as she explores the science of wellbeing to help us lead with strength. Kathryn will be joined by the New Zealand Red Cross for a full day of Psychological First Aid training (and certification) on day two.
Day 1 (12.30pm - 4.30pm)
- Introduction to resilience and the link with wellbeing - particularly in high performing environments
- The impact of mindset on our team
- We'll introduce you to the foundations for resilience – emotional honesty, self-care, connections and learning
- Ideas for building resilience and the link to preventing burnout including consideration of control and boundaries
- Wellbeing in self where we'll develop a personal wellbeing plan
- And wellbeing in others with discussion and practice
Day 2 (9am - 5pm)
- What Psychological First Aid (PFA) is
- Brainstorm causes of distress
- The role of adrenaline and cortisol
Introduce tools to help provide PFA:
- The five elements (safe, calm, connected, self-efficacy, hope) create character – colleague / team member
The action principles:
- LOOK: recognising distress (brainstorm)
- LISTEN: active listening and calming techniques (h/o)
- LINK: to whoever is appropriate: internally within the org / family / friends / GP/ counsellor
- Discussion on what to do if suicide is a concern
- Practical group activities throughout
- The day will end in New Zealand Red Cross Certification for Psychological First Aid
To ensure your investment in wellbeing and resilience for yourself and your company is supported well into the future, registration for the workshop includes a one-year Gold membership to ROW Wellbeing – an online community full of resources and connection to other leaders who are making an organisational change to better support mental health and resilience in the workplace.
About the presenter
Kathryn Jackson is a leadership coach, facilitator and author who enjoys exploring and influencing change in a positive way. With significant qualifications in behavioural science, fellowship of the CIPD (UK) and over 15years of leadership coaching experience, she is hugely committed to creating a global legacy about how to thrive in a stressful world. She also has the personal experience of having to walk her talk after losing not only her home but also her office and job security as a direct result of the Christchurch earthquakes. She understands only too well how knowledge and choice can create confidence and strength, even when the world seems unimaginable.
There are 20 places available for this event.
Prices are $595 for ACE New Zealand members and $715 for non-members.
Secure your spot by purchasing your ticket