ABOUT ACENZ MEMBERSHIP
ACENZ is a professional association promoting the commercial interests of its members, advancing the practice of consulting and engineering and other professionals in the built and natural environment, providing information and assistance to clients and the public.
ACENZ members hold professional qualifications and practical experience. Members must not have any direct or indirect interest in any commercial or contracting business which might compromise the impartiality of their advice to clients. Members are bound by a Code of Ethics.
ACENZ offers two main membership types: Ordinary and Associate.
To qualify for Ordinary Membership, an applicant firm must:
a) Be ordinarily resident or incorporated in New Zealand;
b) In the opinion of the Board, has appropriate personnel with knowledge and experience in the field of consulting in the natural and built environment to furnish impartial and competent advice;
c) Can produce evidence at all times in the form of a professional indemnity insurance policy that the Firm is covered for a sum of not less than $500,000;
d) Is constituted so that all control and management decisions of the Firm are made by persons who:
(i) Are Institution members in the class of Fellow or Member, or
(ii) Hold professional qualifications which in the opinion of the Board are equivalent to those of Institution members in 5.02(d)(i) and
(iii) Are members of a profession or organisation recognised by the Board as upholding a Code of Ethics compatible with that of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC);
e) Has signed an undertaking agreeing to abide by the Rules and Bylaws of the Association for the time being in force or as they may thereafter be altered, amended, or enlarged, and to pay the annual subscription.
f) Competes in the market place, in the opinion of the Board, on an equal basis with other Firms, in that income, which is derived primarily from the provision of consulting services, is open to competition from other Firms and operates without unfair advantage.
|What is ACENZ||Benefits & Achievements||Rules of ACENZ||Quality Management||Subs / Fees|
If your firm satisfies all of the above and you would like to apply for Ordinary Membership, take some time to read these documents and prepare your application file.
When you are ready to apply, we have two options available: online application here or Word application here (if Word Doc is downloaded, please remember to email the required 4 attachments to Katie Bartlett).
Note that membership applications are reviewed and voted upon at each Board Meeting, typically taking place every February, April, June/July, and November. Your full and complete application must be received by the ACENZ office at least three weeks prior to the board meeting to be included in voting papers.
ACENZ membership also gives you access to a number of special discounts with the below companies:
- Joyworkz Ltd
- Organisation Development Institute (ODI)
- EAP Services Ltd
- Rainbow Creative Ltd
- Office Max
- Adminsoft - Practice Management Software
- Budget Rental Cars
- Hertz Rental Cars
- Rutherford & Bond Toyota
- CDL Insight
- Red Cross
- Brother International
- Manage Company
CURRENT PENDING MEMBERS
- Enovate - Michael Newcombe - Level 3, 57 Fort Street, Auckland
- HD Geo Limited - Andrew Holland & Emily Cleland - 26 London Street, Hamilton
- Lightec - Aziz (AKA: AJ) Matar - 153B Green Road, Auckland
- Terra MDC Limited - James Molloy - 9 Michie Street, Dunedin
- KGW Engineers - Keegan Williams - 203 Oliver Road, Cambridge, Waikato
- Oculus Architectural Engineering Limited - Shawn McIssac & James Powers - 98 Newton Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland
- PDP - Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd: CEO - Geoff Milsom, Directors - Alan Pattle, Azam Khan, Neil Crampton, Scott Wilson, Peter Collander, Graeme Proffitt. Level 5, 235 Broadway, Newmarket, Auckland
- Geotechnical Engineering Ltd T/A Soil & Rock Consultants. Directors: Andrew Irvine, Bruce Green, and Zeljko Viljevac. Level 1, 131 Lincoln Road, Henderson, Auckland
Please contact Katie if you have any queries regarding these applications for membership of ACENZ.