ACENZ has been engaging with Mental Health Foundation (MHF) on raising awareness of mental health and wellness in the workplace. These are the available resources available on their website:
- Open Minds
- Workplace resources
- Five ways to wellbeing workplace toolkit
- Free resources you can order here
ACENZ has established relationships with the following wellness-focused partners in delivering their services to our members at discounted rates. Please refer to our Members Only Discounts page for more information.
- Business Central - 40% off for "Building resilience through managing stress" course
- Business Central - 40% off for "Developing a bully-free culture" course
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - Establishment fee waived with discounted fee for individual counselling session
- Joyworkz - 20% off for SimplyWell consultation package and Workstation Assessor Training
- Red Cross - 15% off Essential First Aid and First Aid Revalidation courses
- CoLiberate - 10% off Mental Health First Aid certificate course
- Molecheck - 25% off full molecheck examination
- Corporate Health and Wellbeing Summit - 20% off for registrations
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK (8-14 October 2018)
We encourage our members to participate in the upcoming mental health awareness week.
Next time when you're having your weekly staff meeting, consider a walking meeting and enjoy the smells and sounds of nature!
Please share with us any initiatives your companies have taken or will be taking in raising mental health awareness in the workplace.
We'd like to commend on our member Tony on sharing his personnel stories in the hope of empowering others to speak about their personal challenges. Read his inspiring story here.
ACENZ is gathering stories related to overcoming mental health challenges in personal and work life. If you'd like to share your stories with us please do get in touch.
HOW TO SPOT THE SIGNS OF MENTAL ILLNESS
Ever wonder if the people around you (or yourself) may be going through a difficult time and may need extra support? Watch video to have a better understanding of the various signs of mental illness:
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAM
Be inspired with Beca's psychological wellbeing programme in raising awareness and providing their people with practical tools to manage psychological health risks.
There're a lot going on in the world of workplace wellbeing. Here are some ideas to help your planning. Download the 12 Months of Wellplace 2018 here.
If you have any corporate wellness program and would like to share them with us, please get in touch and we'll share them on our website.
CONSIDERING DEVELOPING A COMPANY-WIDE SMOKEFREE POLICY?
Before you begin developing your policy, you need to decide how far you would like to take it.
Visit the Quit Group website for further information and a sample policy.
Get more information on legal opinions relating to smoking in the workplace.
WHERE TO GET HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH
Need to talk?: free call or text 1737 to talk to a trained counsellor, anytime.
Lifeline: 0800 543 354
Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 / 0508 TAUTOKO
Depression Helpline: 0800 111 757
Samaritans: 0800 726 666
Youthline: 0800 376 633 or email email@example.com
Healthline: 0800 611 116
Depression and Anxiety: depression.org.nz
Corporate Wellness: wellplace.nz
Men's Mental Health: toughtalk.nz
Treatment of Depression - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): beatingtheblues.co.nz
Counselling and Training: strengthtostrength.co.nz