The ACE New Zealand Community Award showcases outstanding input into the community. In their daily work, consultants actively and positively shape the future of Aotearoa by creating sustainable value for themselves, their client and communities. However, real success comes when consultant, client, and community work together seamlessly to find solutions which deliver community-centred outcomes.
How to enter
Entries into the ACE Awards are nominated by the judges for the Community Award.
- demonstrates exceptional working relationships with stakeholder groups to deliver enhanced project outcomes and adds real value to the community. This can include:
- significant and ongoing cooperation between the consultant, client, contractor, council, and community groups
- proactive engagement with stakeholders that solicited genuine feedback and informed project outcomes
- incorporated elements of support or physical input from the community or community groups, for example, Rotary or Lions project
- a delighted community and client as a result of the project
- 2021 – Te Hono – New Plymouth Airport Terminal team (Beca, Puketapu Hapu and Papa Rererangi i Puketapu)
2019 – Tūranga Library – presented to the people of Christchurch, Christchurch City Libraries, Christchurch City Council, and Matapopore Trust
2017 – Taumanu Reserve – The Onehunga Enhancement Project