ACE Awards event health and safety
We wanted to let you know of some changes we are making to our upcoming event to make it safer for you to attend. While we remain in COVID-19 Alert Level system, we are inspired to align with the Events Sector Voluntary Code and we are hoping you’ll help us by doing your bit to stop the spread of COVID-19. The Events Sector Voluntary Code has been released to outline what organisers can do to safely deliver events. This includes following best practice expectations, which are based on Ministry of Health guidance to reduce COVID-19 related risks. It will enable our organisation to support the Ministry of Health in contact tracing if an outbreak of COVID-19 were to occur. We’ve always taken the health and safety of you all as our number one priority, so this is only to touch upon what we already do. If you’ve yet to see the Events Sector Voluntary Code, you can view it here.
What is the one thing we are encouraging you to do? Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer App and follow good hygiene principles such as sneeze into your elbows and wash your hands. Oh, and if you haven’t got it already, we encourage you to download the app before arriving.
So how are we doing our part?
- QR Codes will be made available at all key locations at the event and on your table
- Scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer App (download it from Google Play or the App Store)
- We are strictly collecting contact details for our contact tracing policy
- We will have hand sanitiser and face masks available should you want them
- We encourage you to use and will provide hand sanitiser
- We encourage you to practice good hygiene including washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- Encouraging you to stay home if you feel unwell
To help you, you might also see a couple of new signs within the venue. This will include:
- Events Sector Voluntary Code Poster
- QR Code
Kia pai to ra,
the ACE New Zealand team