Past Emerging Leader Award winners
Find out more about our past Emerging Leader Award winners.
Winner - Ryan Orr, Regional Leader Bay of Plenty and Waikato, GHD
Ryan’s leadership style is all about giving people opportunities – by setting strategy and leading from the front, while also stepping back and supporting his teams to achieve their full potential.
He believes in building trust and creating a strong and productive environment that challenges expected corporate behaviours, to build a unique ‘brand’ of consulting at GHD. Ryan is driven by opportunity – the opportunity to innovate with his teams and collaborate with his Waikato and Bay of Plenty clients.
The judges said Ryan stood out for his well rounded leadership portfolio and consistency of leadership across the award criteria.
Finalist - Courtney Chapman, Associate Structural Engineer, Beca
Courtney is an Associate Structural Engineer in Beca’s Wellington office, where she’s been based since graduating in 2011. She focuses on helping industrial clients, particularly in the food and beverage, water and chemicals sectors. She has a particular interest in helping her clients improve their awareness of earthquake risks, improving their business resilience, and helping navigate difficult conversations with insurers and contractors.
Finalist - Glenn Jowett, Technical Director and Digital Engineering Advisor, Beca
As a Technical Director for Digital Advisory at Beca, Glennsupports clients in making the complex transition to BIM-centric project delivery, focussing on data sharing and re-use. He is passionate about the potential of new technologies and how we interact with them to bring added value to our clients and unlock new ways of working throughout the entire asset lifecycle. Glenn has led large-scale BIM and digital transformation projects including the development of Transpower's BIM strategy, and the implementation of BIM for Hamilton City Councils City Waters team, including the multi-award winning PuketeWastewater Treatment Plant Digital Asset Management project.
- Winner - Simon Fenton, Service Line Leader - Project Delivery, WSP
- Finalist - Kezia Lloyd, Head of Specialist Services, WSP
- Finalist - Amy Patterson-Horner, Business Group Leader - Hawke's Bay, GHD
- Winner - Chris Maguire, Stantec
- Finalist - Rebecca McMahon, Beca
- Finalist - Steve Roskruge, Beca
- Winner - Weng Yuen Kam, Beca
- Finalist - Robert Lane, Lewis Bradford
- Finalist - Thomas Small, Jacobs
- Winner - Clare Tolan, Harrison Grierson
- Finalist - Catherine Morar, Aurecon
- Finalist - Carla O'Donnell, WSP
- Finalist - Steph McLeod, Stantec
- Winner - Jenson Varghese, MRCagney
- Finalist - Matt Bishop, BVT
- Finalist - Andrea Jarvis, Holmes Consulting